Re: converting power supply from 220 to 120

From Mark Pulver
Sent Fri, Aug 16th 1996, 17:15

At 11:51 PM 8/15/96 -0400, Pope TROUT SOUP XXIII said:

>i remember reading something of this before and just need a quick answer:
>i converted the power supply on my mixer by moving the wire from the 220
>post to the 120 post, but someone mentioned about changing the fuse.  was it
>if the voltage was cut, to increase the current?  it originally was a 250V /
>100mA fuse, should i put in a 200mA or so fuse to accomodate the 120V power
>now?  thanks!  trouty....

All other things being equal, if you cut the voltage in half, then you'll
double the current requirements. You'll need to replace the 100ma fuse with
a 200ma fuse.


 Mark Pulver/Chicagoish, IL          The home of "Son of The MIDI Wall"